Situated 15km northwest of Wellington, off the R44, Soetendal Estate is a beautiful property set facing the dramatic mountains of the Limietberg, offering stunning scenic views on all sides. The farm is easily accessible by tarred roads.
Founded in 1852, the farm is a National Heritage Site. We renovated and extended the original buildings to suit our purposes.
At Soetendal, we provide the thoroughbred owner, trainer and breeder a range of superior services, including:
- backing and pre-training
- yearling sales preparation
- rehabilitation and post-operative care
- permanent boarding of broodmares
- foaling down and weaning
- transportation of mares to all sires in the Western Cape
Our facilities include:
- fifty stables in four separate barns
- a dedicated foaling unit with overhead glassed-in viewing area
- well-secured irrigated grass paddocks
- high rings suitable for colts or rehabilitating horses
- lunge rings
- 800m sand track
- starting stalls
- exercising areas: hills, firm and soft going
- winter oat pastures.
We are situated 15 minutes away from Wellington Animal Hospital and 45 minutes from Drakenstein Veterinary Clinic.
Members of our staff are motivated and keen to maintain the high standards that Soetendal has become known for.